Reduce risk. Minimize waste. Control cost. Optimize design.
Our in-house predictive mold-flow analysis helps us quickly identify potential risks before production. After mold flow analysis has been completed, our expert engineers collaborate with you on design or material adjustments to ensure your products are beautifully designed, durable, and cost effective.
What is Mold Flow Analysis?
Mold flow analysis (MFA) software simulates plastic flow, allowing you to enhance mold design and create the highest quality products possible. This analysis provides a virtual sneak peek into how the chosen material will fill a mold’s cavities and highlights potential areas of concern. Digitally simulating this process before cutting the tool allows changes to be made early on, ultimately saving money and optimizing results.
When Should Mold Flow Analysis be Used?
Benefits of Mold Flow Analysis
MFA offers several benefits, including:
- Resolve wall thickness issues
- Optimize gate location
- Fill mold cavities consistently and uniformly
- Uncover weaknesses in design geometry
- Avoid costly tooling errors and rework
- Improve manufacturability
- Reduce time to market
- Improve efficiency and quality
- Discover potential visual defects, including air traps, sink marks and weld lines
- Evaluate different material options pre-production to choose the best material
- Show customer and supplier data to support your design or need for changes